Sustainable Tourism is good for:
- Preservation and boost of nature, the biodiversity and cultural, agricultural heritage.
- Cultural and social exchange with the local community
- Preservation and growth of local economical development and employment
What do we do?
A) Mindful Adventure has been involved in sponsoring education of the Masaï in Ngorongoro and Arusha for many years.
- Three year sponsoring of a young Masaï to become a primary school teacher.
- Three year sponsoring of a young Masaï girl to become al teacher for a vocational school.
- Long time sponsoring of the dreamschool in Endonyowas of Tanzania.
The dreamschool is an initiative of the Masaï to educate he poorest children in Nainokanoka at a primary school to give them a better chance in their future.
We support and coach this initiative to prevent these children from:
- getting into prostitution
- dealing in drugs
- become criminals
If you are interested to support any of these initiatives, please contact Alina de Vilder.
B) We don’t use big tour operators but only smaller and local ones.Whenever possible we hire services and materials from local people.We also try to use local and special sleeping acommodation.
C) There’s a lot of corruption which troubles the locals. So far we’ve managed to stay away from corruptive people and organisations. It takes up more time but it’s worth all the effort.